August 18 – 25, 2024
Coral Spawning Trip
- Diver Package Price: $2849.00 (Based on double occupancy)
- Single Diver Package Price: $3849.00
- Non-Diver Package Price: $2209.00 (Based on double occupancy)
- Double Diver Beach Deluxe Upgrade: $3325
- Single Diver Beach Deluxe Upgrade: $4759
A $500.00 non refundable deposit will reserve your space
St. Lucia is part of the volcanic islands that make up the Lesser Antilles in the Caribbean Sea. Topside the island is lush and green and one of the most scenic islands in the West Indies. Some of the greatest attractions are the beautiful Pitons, twin mountain peaks that rise vertically out of the sea; the sulphur springs, a unique drive in volcano where open cauldrons of sulphur bubble and the Louis XVI mineral baths known for their therapeutic value. Anse Chastanet, our host hotel, is nestled in the middle of 400 acres on a breathtaking hillside with a fabulous view of the Pitons. One of the island’s best beaches is located here and the sheltered bay area it sits in is home to a spectacular reef which ranges from 20 to 140 feet in depth. Finger, brain, flower and leaf coral line the area along with a variety of tube, barrel and vase sponges. All of this creates a bright mix of color and shelter for the many fish and crustaceans that inhabit the reef.
Coral spawning happens once a year and is one of nature’s most spectacular and rare performances. A handful of guests at Anse Chastanet, St Lucia, are lucky enough to witness this marvel annually as the natural wonder occurs right off the beaches of this charming resort. Once a year, coral release millions of packets of egg and sperm cells that appear as massive underwater clouds of white and pink upward moving “snowfall”.
Each year, Anse Chastanet’s scuba diving team incredibly and accurately predicts the night spawning and prepares to take novice and experienced divers and snorkelers to observe the remarkable phenomenon which turns the seas yellow and pink. It is one of nature’s most spectacular and rare performances.
First discovered in the 1980’s at Australia’s Great Barrier Reef, this annual mass reproduction phenomenon is now known to be critical to coral reef – and our own ecosystem’s – survival. Tropical coral reefs, although out of sight, are essential to our world-wide food chains.
- Package Includes
- Round trip airport transfers
- 7 Nights accommodation at Anse Chastanet Resort – double occupancy
- Welcome cocktail
- 12 boat dives
- 2 night dives
- Extra scheduled beach dives
- Hotel taxes and service charges
- Full course breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Use of Kayaks, windsurfers and tennis courts
- Guided tour of Old French Colonial plantation
- Weaver’s Group escort
- Package Does NOT Include
- International airfare – Quote available on request
- Personal dive equipment
- Travel & Dive Insurance (Strongly recommended)
- Marine Park Fee ($15)
- Airline luggage fees
An Unforgettable Tropical ExperienceThe trip of a lifetime. Weaver’s Dive & Travel will take you there.
(required!) Download and fill out: