Digital technology has taken the underwater photography world by storm. Get in on the action with the SSI Photo and Video Specialty course. You can quickly and easily capture the underwater world with your camera and on your computer. During this Specialty course, you will learn how to safely dive with your camera, how to approach with underwater subjects and the use of lights and visibility to enhance your images for the perfect shots! The result is good underwater photos faster than you may imagine. You not only learn how to take good photos, but how to share them with your friends via email or printing, optimizing your work with your computer, storage and more.
Must be an SSI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water (or have a qualifying certification from another training organization) However, you can take the course as a snorkeler and receive a non-diving certification.
TOPICS IN THIS COURSE INCLUDE:
- How water affects light
- Understanding photography
- Setting up your camera equipment (housings, strobes & video lights), assembling & testing and care and maintenance during and after your trip
- Understanding the settings, modes, exposure, white balance and focus
- A briefing on understanding marine life
- Getting that perfect shot using lighting, composition, post-processing and other tips & tricks
CONTACT US TO SIGN UP!
(optional) Sign up for travel insurance!